Sunday, January 18, 2009

Humble Beginnings ....




So the plans have arrived and my workspace is finally cleared & ready, so far the only progress made was to tape the boat outline on the workspace (my garage) floor... I know, weak! I hoped to be further along at this point but money has been tighter than I anticipated. Nevertheless, I'm back on track to get building now and expect to have my building materials secured within a few weeks. In the meantime I've been working up a 1:18 scale balsa i550 which should be completed very soon. Looking really nice, can't wait to post pictures of the finished model. After this the real deal begins!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Philip, Good to see another i550 being built. The insulation on the walls suggest your workspace can be heated. I'm jeolous. Some of the builders, including me, started working on their foils first before they were ready to build their hull. Not a lot of work space needed and not too expensive depending on how you build the cores. Just a thought.

    Ron Bowman #108

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the i550 gang! We all started with just a crazy idea in our heads that we could do this. Just go for it and have fun.

    I'd also advise that getting the foils started before you stitch the hull is a good idea. There's a lot of dust and wood chips from shaping the foils.

    Cheers, Kevin #074

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys, stay tuned for progress updates!

    ReplyDelete